PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2017, 15:33
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you include the aircraft in this supposition? Or, just the pilot?
In this case of AF447, just the pilot as in gross over-control.

Did you miss the Captain's command to PF much later in the chronology?

"....Watch your Lateral!!...."
No, didn't miss it. He is being thrown around in the cockpit as the aircraft experiences wing drop in the stall, a logical speculation as to the meaning of the comment.

"Inexplicably"? My first assumption would be that pulling back stick kept the aircraft "controllable"
Probably not too far from the truth. Once stalled, as the aircraft became slower, the wing drops likely became less violent. (speculation again.) However, initial pull up into the stall was due to a fear response (more speculation) caused by rapid oscillatory roll rates (AF447 & QZ8501)

Regarding CVR records,
I do not suggest that the record be exposed on some ridiculous reality show, but shared respectfully with unbiased and neutral professionals.
So how do you propose that can be done without losing control of the raw audio?

As an investigator in an accident (military), I have sometimes been asked to consider a particular viewpoint.. That is an undesirable position to be in when the person making the request also writes your personnel evaluation. The more independent parties to an investigation that there are, the better the likelihood that the truth will out.