PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2017, 13:42
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machinbird

Hello.

"Concours77, there exists an uneasy relationship between pilots and things that record what they do and say in the cockpit."

Colgan gave us the first officers final scream. Some doomed pilots have uttered infantile and guttural sounds. So let's be honest. An "uneasy relationship" is a political expression of an adversarial discussion....

At some point, one needs to judge whether public safety is more important than politics....I believe it is. Your position seems that it is "negotiable".

Post 447, the pilot group at Air France threatened a strike unless the Thales pitots were changed out on a more urgent basis....remember? That is "public safety" as an expression of a professional group with an informed and common position....

So we appear to disagree, fundamentally....

I do not suggest that the record be exposed on some ridiculous reality show, but shared respectfully with unbiased and neutral professionals.

I find it interesting that virtually all of the "transcribed" CVR releases conform with what amounts to a consensus informed with data that is not complete.

Without any bias whatever, an investigator could (would)? challenge the secret CVR as suggestive of fraud; something that would certainly be added to the other data as a matter of obvious duty?

Either the Report is true to its mission of public safety, or it is not.....Censorship is not only inappropriate, it should be an embarrassment to the mission....