PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2017, 11:09
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharpend
Standing beside her aeroplane? In 2014 (I think that was the year) we were asked to exhibit our lovely Bulldog at RIAT. A certain lady was asked to do the same. She was invited to the posh Gala dinner (we got there by doing really well in the concours). We sat at the same table. We were not impressed. We stood by our aeroplane for all 5 days, but not 24/7 . We never saw her at her aircraft.
Sharpend;

I was at that dinner too as I was flying in the display. I did see her in other areas, mainly the corporate chalets hanging out with the money men. I never once saw her near her aeroplane or reaching out to any of the thousands of young, impressionable females there.

On the Sunday we were asked to stand by our aircraft and meet the public. I met some fantastic, enthusiastic youngsters of both sexes and all backgrounds, and never saw T C-T once, she certainly wasn't at the hangar party that night (although my attention was most attracted to the samba dancers!) and AFAIK she never used the crew welcome and rest facilities.

SND