PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Union Membership
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2017, 08:44
Rod F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fake News Alert.

I know this is rumour network, but Anotherday is spouting mis-information about the NZ Age Discrimination case that is potentially damaging to the HKAOA.

1. The litigants in the NZ case have not taken Perth bases. Even if they did;

a. Under their COS it can be argued they are entitled to do so. They are exercising the same rights as all of us.
b. They are only able to bid for the Perth base because the HKAOA's actions delayed their forced retirements. Would that not be a success for the HKAOA?

2. The case has yet to be decided. It is going to final appeal. Whilst the case proceeds the two litigants remain employed. Are the HKAOA's objectives not being achieved?

3. The costs outlined by Anotherday are grossly over-inflated. I am not going to discuss actual numbers, but to say the costs are 10 times over-stated would not be far from the truth. That said, no matter what the cost, the HKAOA will take all measures to defend its Members, particularly when some form of discrimination is involved. As a modern-thinking, progressive organization, the HKAOA will use all means at its disposable to oppose discrimination - all Members should be proud of that fact.

I have come on this forum because it is important that non-members and the Company understand the HKAOA's position and mischievous misinformation should not be allowed to pervert debate.

Rod F
Chairman 2014-16