PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Reform - Your wish list.
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2003, 19:11
WhatWasThat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIK,
I have up until know respected your viewpoint. Your posts have generally been reasoned, even if I did not always agree with you.

I am surprised and disappointed at the spray my genuine inquiry recieved from you.

I may be wasting my time, but I will respond to some of your allegations.

I dont claim to speak on behalf of anyone but myself - yes I am an ATC and that may colour my opinions on any aviation related subject, however, I believe that ATC exists to provide a service to industry. I always endeavour to provide the best service that my abilities and the rules and regs allow me too. You are way out of line to question my professionalism or suggest that I am motivated by self interest. Whenever it has been in my power I have sought to deliver improvements and efficiencies, in the hope that any dollars saved would filter down to industry.
You are obviously intent on some sort of ego contest pissing competition with ATC, I dont give a damn what you fly or how you earned your money, I just want to do my job the best way I can. Believe it or not I am genuinely interested in knowing what my customers want, the problem is knowing who the customers are.

My comments about the citation driver stem from my belief that he uses his position of power to drive a personal agenda without consultation or thought for the people who will wind up dealing with the fall out from his schemes. (I would like a citation though, guilty on that count)

I have not workrd in the J curve for some time, I think I have a pretty good understanding of what goes on away from the coast.

What I was seeking was an understanding of what is unsatisfactory about the current system. Why dont you take a breath and try to detail what it is that you want out of the system. I will do you the courtesy of listening without prejudice.