PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan's next war. Approaching a terminal near you.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 00:48
blow.n.gasket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a curtained off option in the cabin is already available?
What ,the cabin crew seat in the galley you mean Capt?
Don't BA pilots get a Business class seat in the cabin for ULR ops?
Not everyone will want to sleep in the ceiling coffins on time off ,especially during daylight ops.
The seat in the crew rest area has limitations as well ,hence the push for a business class seat.
Even the business class seat if agreed to , so I'm led to believe , isn't contractualy compliant , yet the much maligned AIPA appear to be willing to negotiate, so I'm told.
Seems the company is very good at forcing and ignoring contractual obligations as it deems fit. The direction of their choice appears to revolve around how costs affect management bonus's !

Yet from what I hear the AIPA reps are anything but combative.
How often do you just "roll over " so as not to "rock the boat".
I say go ahead and employ outside Long Haul. Can't wait to see the resultant redundancy costs!
Didn't the last EA also contain a clause that stated that B787's in Qantas colours would be flown by Qantas mainline pilots?

Wasn't it old scrotum face who also said "you only get what you bargain for".
Have you seen what's on offer for crew rest?
For an ULR aircraft in conjunction with FRMS , I believe this issue is very important and well worth the elbow grease expended by these "old guard AIPA" ( wasn't it only the new President the only change to the AIPA Executive lineup?, hardly a wholesale sell out to the Old Guard) to get the best possible outcome for the crew who will be operating this equipment for many, many years to come.

Last edited by blow.n.gasket; 20th Feb 2017 at 01:06.