PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best airlines
Thread: Best airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 22:30
ZFT
N4790P

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
HeartyMeatballs,
It was not meant to be offensive and I apologise if it came across as such. Also I’m sorry for getting you a ‘Yellow Card’ too.
My point (which seemed to get lost) was that this industry is now so safe that the safety aspect is being used as an excuse to lower service levels. Safety and service need not be mutually exclusive.

I don’t for one second undervalue the CC role with “Who is it who keep passengers safe, looking after them when they're ill, keeping them alive until the plane lands and medics can take over, who provides CPR, who utilises the defribulator and literally bring people back to life, who ensures the cabin is safe for departure and arrival, keeping the peace amongst rowdy pax, liaising with the flight deck on all issues safety related, fight fires in the cabin? And most importantly they try and stop morons evacuating with massive items of hand luggage”, but in over 50 years of very frequent traveling, none of the above have been personally experienced (that I’m aware off).
It is strange that the Asian carriers that typically provide excellent service may be derided on these forums for being subservient, less safety minded etc and yet no one seems to object to these comments or spring to their defense!

Anyway, as I don’t want a 'Red Card', I’ll back out of this topic now.