PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 19:51
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point about it being business is valid but it is hard to argue how this move is anything but spite. They have a long history of it at SOU. They have made numerous attempts to drive T3 off the LBA and ABZ routes only to drop the routes a few months after succeeding. In order to over saturate the AMS route they are cutting back the Paris route. How is that helping their customers? What's that expression, cut your nose to spite your face?

The C-series is the answer to all of SOU's problems and I still suspect that EZY will order it at some point. The runway would no longer be a restricting factor on what destinations are reachable, the airside infrastructure would be though. They should be building new stands to the north east and improving the taxiways. I just hope the grinning goon has the airport prepared for when EZY do come calling but I suspect he won't. If he did then we could finally say goodbye to the underwhelming and nasty little airline that have treated us all with nothing but contempt all these years.