PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does A330 with emergency config will enter direct law after L/G gravity extension
Old 19th Feb 2017, 11:40
can8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does A330 with emergency config will enter direct law after L/G gravity extension

Hello everyone

Currently I'm in transition course from A320 to A330. I'm a bit confused about the difference A320 and A330.
In A320 (the old version, I noticed the new one with winglet has different law reversion), whenever we put the L/G gravity extension, the A/C has to enter the direct law.
However, in A330, although for many cases even we lower the gear with L/G gravity extension, it could still stay in Alternate law. I think just like the new A320 with the winglet. It quite makes sense that a new generation A/C could tolerant more failures.
Except in Emergency ELEC Configuration. It will still enter the direct law after we lower the L/G gravity extension. I also check the Land recovery pb function, but still unable to find out why it will enter the direct law. Could someone please explain to me? Very appreciate!