PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do airlines approve of this ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 10:34
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a few of these around the world. EK have a cringeworthy Dutch guy, QF Link have a captain doing it and QR have an A320 doing it. It's more 'look at me, are me and my life amazing?' than everything else. They may look pretty, it may make the job look fun but we all know they're BSing. Expect more of these, particularly from ME3 now that we all know they're grim to work for. As with all social media, people are very selective about posting and generally try to spin things so that only the positives appear online.

Yes, you've landed a 777 somewhere glamorous and taken your selfie, you rock those Ray Bans, you've cleverly managed to get your Breitling watch in the snap, whilst catching an attractive hostile or two, but you've been up since 2300 last night, you're on min rest then it's back, min rest at home only to do it again the day after. Two days off then it's ULH for 2.5 days down route, where you'll spend the first day and a half recovering, you'll feel awful and will then have to rest for the return flight, crossing half a dozen time zones back to the ME, thousands of miles from your family for 2 days off before a couple of night turns to India, month in month out working 100 hours a month. Still, looks lovely on instagram.

At my outfit this kind of thing would be a fast track to tea no biscuits. As crew get younger expect more of this. I spotted a FO at another airline taking selfies during his walk around yesterday. Nice to see generation me have their priorities right.

Last edited by HeartyMeatballs; 19th Feb 2017 at 10:46.