PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cuba - money?
Thread: Cuba - money?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 08:34
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cuba - money?

We are off to Cuba next week and I'm a bit concerned about the money arrangements. I am aware that as a tourist that I will be required to obtain and use the tourist currency rather than the local currency - I obviously have no problem with that.

We will be landing at Havana airport late afternoon and I was wondering where would be the best place to change our money into the local currency?

We will have a private taxi transfer waiting for us outside the terminal. Although it might seem logical to exchange our money inside the terminal, I wondering if there might be very long queues of people like us wanting to do the same thing and that we will be holding up the taxi driver for some time. But perhaps the local transfer taxi drivers expect a delay whilst we do this?

We were intending to take Łuk and exchange those to the local tourist currency - does that seem sensible?

(We will be travelling around Cuba by sea, so will not have much opportunity to access ATM machines (if they exist in banks) during our stay.)

Thanks in advance for the any advice.