PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top of the World: photos from Nepal
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 02:10
Vertical Freedom

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
VNLK...........WoW

G'day Carbon Uggbootprint (softer & warmer)..............Yes Mate, I've witnessed 2 People walking into the Tail Rotor (engine running, not my machine) & know of 6 others All killed & all in the Himalayas totally hideous, especially when 7 of those killed; the Pilot could have saved the day by protecting the Tail-Rotor by hanging over a ledge..................So Do the Right Thing, consider very much what You do with Your TR when landing Yes You say shut down - but someone can walk through the TR during shut-down/start-up, protect it whenever the opportunity is there to guard it!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oye Odlanir......................Bingo, You got it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Namaste alj87................good question..............................next question
Yar I was suspect at first for a while too, but; A the donk has a damn good fuel filters & B we use a special funnel which has a water & particle separator built into the body of the stainless funnel so the crap is filtered out...never been a problem thus far, so must work

Happy-Happy

Last edited by Vertical Freedom; 26th Mar 2017 at 10:04.