PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine turboprop crossing the North Sea
Old 18th Feb 2017, 18:26
gordon field

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Next. Q were tasked by the by the JAA to write a report, this included The JAA seeking clarification on certain points. Q said to me that they did not have the funding necessary to enable them to visit operators, (35 Miles). They didn't try email. The Q report was included as part of an NPA and many disparaging comments were made by many using the CRD process. These comments can still be read on the EASA website and are openly critical of the findings in the report as they did not take into account as to what was actually happening in the real world and what had been happening in Europe since 1987.

The comments that I have made here and elsewhere were openly discussed at SEIMC Working Group meetings attended by the CAA and other NAAs. None of the committee members were commercial operators as such, nor manufacturers and I was the sole Industry representative as a founder member of ECOGAS (European Council of General Aviation Support). The WG had accident investigators from the BEA and Pilatus and good moderators from the JAA.

I read the comments that you and others make but am not about to enter into a general debate on the subject.