PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFLEVA fly-in EBLE 30 June-2nd July
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2017, 14:32
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
@mikehallam: do not be daunted by the airspace, even if it does look frightful on a map. The vast majority of it is rarely active. Allow me to recommend you take the habit of consulting the NOTAMs map at belgocontrol, that will give you a good idea of the kind of activity there could be, and the frequency. Also, as already pointed out, our very able FIS and ATC staff will be glad to help.
If your plane carries a transponder, you can count on getting cleared through EBAW Antwerp CTR, perhaps at 1500'. If not, you'll have a slightly tricky passage between the CTR's of EBAW and EBBR. There are however plenty of visual references.
On your return flight on Saturday you can route East to West on the South Side of Brussels, unhindered by the Beauvechain Air Base which is active on Friday.

Where do you intend to pass customs/immigration? I would recommend LFAC Calais, but you could also consider EBKT Kortrijk where you can say goodbye to Messrs. Lambert, event sponsors - and have a very fine lunch at the Lindbergh's though you might do well to book in advance.

Feel free to pm if you have any further questions. However @patowalker seems to know the area at least as well as I do as a native!