PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt Lt Peter Roy Cushnan RAF
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2017, 08:31
MJC83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flt Lt Peter Roy Cushnan RAF

Good morning all,

I am currently undertaking a project on behalf of the Station Heritage Centre at RAF Akrotiri. The project involves compiling a list of servicemen and women who lost their lives whilst serving on the Island. Once compiled, the list will be turned into a wall of and book of remembrance, both of which will be put on display in the new Station Heritage Centre.

So far, one of the names that has come up is that of a Flt Lt Peter Roy Cushnan who I believe may have been an ex-70 Squadron C-130 pilot. Did anyone know Roy? If so, I would be most grateful if they could drop me a PM.

Also, if you know of anyone else that lost their lives out in Cyprus, I would be very interested in speaking to you. Any information received will go a long way in helping to build and expand on their story.

To give you an idea of where I am to date, I have a list of 362 names who have died on Island. The first being in 1941 and the last in 2010. The list I have is by no means complete and I’m finding out new information every day. Some of these died in road traffic accidents, others in aviation accidents and then everything else in between.

Many thanks in advance.

Martin