PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headsets A20, Zulu 3 or PFX?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2017, 00:33
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like previous posters, I upgraded from Zulu 2 to PFX 18 months or so ago. The headset is in daily use, 4-6hrs a day. In honesty, I regret selling my Zulu 2. If I still had that, it's what I'd be using. Battery life on the PFX is horrendous -but that's partially due to the very poor quality of the batteries available here in Indonesian Papua. But even with batteries I have purchased in AUS and carried here, the life is poor. The odd noises (some Very loud, especially as the batteries weaken) are distracting, annoying, uncomfortable and IMO unacceptable from a "premium" product such as this.

Far from being all bad though, when working well, the ANR performance is superb. The clarity of calls and music (bluetooth) has to be experienced to be believed. And before people pounce on me re battery-life & bluetooth use -nope, I RARELY activate bluetooth because of the impact on already piss-poor battery life.

Another very strong point of the PFX is the cable used. I've not seen equivalent or better on any other headset. I'm pleased to note the new Zulu 3 has the same cable! I'm thinking very seriously about "down"-grading to the Z3 in the near future.