PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2017, 19:18
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR

chinapattern - I have long given up on FR doing anything spectacular at BHX - but being fair to them, last year and S17 have both seen a number of new (or re-introduced) routes and frequency increases on others to give the biggest number of weekly flights this summer they have had at BHX for a long time. So, we have to be happy they are still at BHX and not stagnating completely as they did for a year or two. I think the arrival of Jet2 has woken them up a bit.

In terms of a launch of 13 new routes in one hit as at EDI this week, well I don't think we will ever see that but I'm fairly sure we will see a couple of new routes in the next 12 months, just like over the last couple of years.

Reported on other threads cuts to Vueling schedules - NCL-BCN, MAN-AMS and EDI-ORY all canned for S17, it is reported due to crewing shortages and in the case of MAN-AMS slot restrictions at AMS. Hopefully their BHX ops will remain intact, including the new ORY route. I flew BHX-ALC-BHX in Jan and the aircraft was about a third full both ways (low season I know but even so). I was very impressed with aircraft and crew both ways, they're a good airline.