PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2017, 11:46
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by pulse1

Having "sold her soul to the devil" as it were, her poor handling of the aftermath has actually shown her not to be a naturally devious person as so often portrayed on this thread...
I'm not convinced of this at all Pulse. I think she has been extremely devious. she found a way of living HER dream at the expense of the deep pockets of some large sponsors and wealthy friends. Not only was there the deception from the outset (which "may" have been unintentional) but to perpetuate the lie and then to accept the numerous awards based on that lie shows me her true colours. She has had ample opportunity to correct the media but has chosen to deflect the blame onto others and that is the trait of a devious individual.

I have no issue with someone asking for sponsorship based on an idea (It will be flown solo, I intend to walk Lands End to john O'Groats for charity etc) but when that idea changes to something else (It will be dual, or I did it on the train) I have to ask if the sponsors were informed; hence my questions. Were they informed or did they find out by chance, if they were told, when? Exactly what steps were taken to correct the many press reports, I have seen zero evidence of this.

An individual with integrity may well have been caught up on the PR steam-train but would have said "I'm sorry, I cannot accept this award, it was a team effort" or "I wanted to fly it solo but couldn't because (insert reason)".

There is still a chance for her to produce the facts, no matter how unpalatable that may seem; it will go a long way to restoring some semblance of a reputation.