PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpublished let-downs
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2017, 09:49
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Business Sense:

In almost everything you've just quoted the word aerodrome is included, yet again. What if you don't use aerodromes, I'm being serious - many operations don't !
As I pointed out when you posted that objection the first time, it is the generic term in the regulation for anywhere that you take-off or land.

Here is are the actual definition from ICAO:
A defined area on land or water (including any buildings, installations and equipment) intended to be used either wholly or in part for the arrival, departure and surface movement of aircraft.
And from SERA:
aerodrome’ means a defined area (including any buildings, installations and equipment) on land or water or on a fixed, fixed off-shore or floating structure intended to be used either wholly or in part for the arrival, departure and surface movement of aircraft;
As far as the regulations about aerodrome minima go there is nothing in the regs that require the 'aerodrome' to be anything more than the place you intend to land, be it a field, or a flight deck. And in case you are wondering I am familiar with operating from such sites.

You and ShyTorque are both in error in believing that the regulations pertaining to aerodrome minima do not apply to sites that are not - to use the vernacular - 'airports'. But wouldn't it be a nice get out of jail card to play. 'Technically I didn't bust my minimums because I was actually making an approach for the purpose of landing iaw SERA 5015 in the field next to the airport and therefore minima do not apply'.

For my sins, amongst may other technical manuals and publications, I've assisted with the writing of large sections of air law for three different countries - I'm happy to be corrected by a decent argument but until then I'll stick to my view.
It makes no difference to me how many technical manuals or legal documents you claim to have written. It is the stuff you are writing here that is in error.