PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airprox between 2 a/c inbound to Dublin
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2017, 09:23
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps, no need for any of us to take potshots at egos of messengers just for having the gall or temerity to craft and broadcast thought provoking messages. Tell me if I am wrong, but this is NOT a busy ATC frequency. It's a discussion forum for Reporting Points that may affect jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots. It is also seen as a reliable place to find signposts to credible aviation news.

Oftentimes, if not always, the pilots themselves can't report so others kick off new threads.

Seven posts back I made a closing comment. An over and out. Then Martin 123 brought some useful background to the fore which put a new slant on what happened Monday lunchtime 6 February 2017.

Brave lad. Plenty of others had been reading the thread and thinking about it, but not commenting. I dared to comment what I was thinking. I have nothing to lose. I no longer make a living from aviation. I can't seriously claim to be an expert in anything anymore. I do however rely a lot on commercial aviation in Europe, and I do claim to still have half a brain.

I've learned about flying and about safety risk from many experiences - both aviation sharp end, and in other professional arenas - many which Del Prado won't have shared, but some that he will have with rolled or even concerned eyes from the other end of his scope. Hell yes, surprise! I've even been a flow control problem!

We're all human of one disposition or another, which means imperfect results and unintended consequences. Some like DP may see themselves as well functioning machines and the obvious choice for the job, and for deciding the job. Fair enough - his choice. We are allowed to differ.

I congratulate Simon on creating Aviation Herald whose prominence and credibility I'd missed until recently, and on and Simon's own attempts at steering a clear course through obstacles and detritus. It's a neat business he's created. I shall visit that site more often now.

I also like Dave Reid's usually cool take on all matters.

As for me, I am sufficiently self aware to know I don't have that many fans on a good day. So I can take the same hint I did yesterday before Martin commented - we are being urged to trust and hope. But like Simon, Dave and Martin, I'll make up my own mind from my own seat, thanks, and hell, I might even comment again another day and accept the moderator's judgement as to whether it is useful to let it stand on PPRuNE, or not.

For now though, business as usual, keep up the good work, tidy up the bad, trust and hope, and all that ...

Last edited by slip and turn; 17th Feb 2017 at 17:55. Reason: Not forgetting Martin who makes up his own mind too!