PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2017, 20:31
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny, I'm not sure which of my links doesn't work for you. You don't mention the "Fort Myers" one which includes Carlstrom and its many satellites. It works for me, but I'll post it again in case your PC relents and grudgingly decides to co-operate:-

Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Florida, Ft. Myers area

Similarly there were two YouTube links, the first of which was made up of old photos and videos of Carlstrom:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyDo795tE3U

If that doesn't play, a search on YouTube for "Carlstrom Army Air Field" (sic) should find it.

The "Ghost Town" one you obviously watched. I wonder if you recognised any of the old Carlstrom amongst all the later additions? The circular roadway that is so dominant in the old photos seems to be where a lot of it was filmed from.

Yes, IBB, I too wondered that the RAF was credited with the Albacore, the hats, and the wellies! To be fair though, they were all Brits at least! I was intrigued by the American parade at 9.09 captioned as "Class 44H War Bound Parade in Arcadia". Should it be "War Bonds"? Though on second thoughts either could be right...