PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpublished let-downs
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2017, 19:12
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's important not to pull words out that you like from a sentence/para - it needs to be read in full i.e. in context - below para C helps my point - i.e. even a disused airport does not count ?

“Aerodrome”—

(a) means any area of land or water designed, equipped, set apart or commonly used for affording facilities for the landing and departure of aircraft; and

(b) includes any area or space, whether on the ground, on the roof of a building or elsewhere, which is designed, equipped or set apart for affording facilities for the landing and departure of aircraft capable of descending or climbing vertically; but

(c) does not include any area the use of which for affording facilities for the landing and departure of aircraft has been abandoned and has not been resumed;

For example, there are many more, when a police helicopter lands in a field or on a road or when a rescue helicopter lands on a rock shelf half way up a mountain does that make it an aerodrome .... I would say no as it's ;

not designed for;
not equipped for;
not set apart for;
not affording facilities for;

For info MSA

One Definition;

The Minimum Sector Altitude (MSA) is the lowest altitude which may be used which will provide a minimum clearance of 300 m (1 000 ft) above all objects located in the area contained within a sector of a circle of 46 km (25 NM) radius centred on a radio aid to navigation.

- Normally quoted around an airfield (found at the top of most IFR charts) - sometimes cut into different sectors with different altitudes quoted.