PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpublished let-downs
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2017, 18:25
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What if you don't use aerodromes
I think this is where the definition of an aerodrome becomes important. If you don't use an aerodrome, then technically, you can't be flying. An aerodrome is usually defined as: "An aerodrome or airdrome is a location from which aircraft flight operations take place, regardless of whether they involve air cargo, passengers, or neither." So if you takeoff or land somewhere, where aircraft flight operations don't take place - well... They are technically taking place during your event (as your event of takeoff / landing is construed as a "flight operation"), and therefore would be bound by the same rules and regulations.

I am not an expert in law, nor in Instrument Flight Rules, nor do I wish to entertain the possibility of having someone who is properly trained to fly under IFR, do something so reckless and dangerous. IAP exist for a reason, they are very stringent for a reason. The scary thing is that we all know the reasons why - and yet we are still discussing and entertaining this possibility as a "normal" occurrence which I find greatly worrying!

I think you will find that you have ample available reading regarding MSA.