PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2017, 11:29
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
All my posts carry links and there is one below.

Here is one to the gathering in Karachi where unless my eyes are deceiving me there are no women apart from TCT despite the slogan behind them.
https://www.liverostrum.com/karachi-...l#.WKWcS3gbmrU

The headline read
Karachi embraces Tracey Curtis Taylor on her solo journey to 23 countries

John A. Tucknott, MBE, the serving British Deputy High Commissioner to Karachi stated that her journey was an inspiration. ‘It’s a message to all women: Don’t give up. Nothing is out of reach; sky is the limit’.
A nice idea John but no 'empowered' ladies at the table above!

HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece expressed his views quite frankly and said ‘she is a real brave woman, setting an example of women empowerment’. His Excellency John A. Tucknott, MBE, the serving British Deputy High Commissioner to Karachi stated that her journey was an inspiration. ‘It’s a message to all women: Don’t give up. Nothing is out of reach; sky is the limit’.

Representing the Chief of Air Staff, AOC Southern Command, Air Marshal Salman extended his all-out support to make the even possible, as disclosed by Ghouse Akbar, Chairman Princely Jets in his welcome note. Just like Hussain Dawood, he also hoped the energetic lady-pilot would see Pakistan in its true colours. Mr. Sultan Allana, Chairman HBL was the first to welcome the distinguished guests.

It was revealed from her brief description that Tracey’s flight will take 12-14 weeks with her arrival in Sydney planned for early 2016. Her journey will take her across Europe and the Mediterranean to Jordan, over the Arabian Desert, across the Gulf of Oman to Pakistan, through India and on to Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia before crossing the Timor Sea to Australia. The official press-note has disclosed. After her arrival in Sydney the plane will be shipped to America and flown across the United States to complete the world flight in 2016.

Amy Johnson, who dared the unique venture had completed less than 100 flying hours and had literally crashed, while making a forced landing in Australia, as Tracey apprised the media of that historic feet. She smilingly said, ‘I can’t reproduce what she did’.
This paragraph says a lot.

It was revealed from her brief description that Tracey’s flight will take 12-14 weeks with her arrival in Sydney planned for early 2016. Her journey will take her across Europe and the Mediterranean to Jordan, over the Arabian Desert, across the Gulf of Oman to Pakistan, through India and on to Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia before crossing the Timor Sea to Australia. The official press-note has disclosed
In other words they are quoting from the press release.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 16th Feb 2017 at 12:13.