PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines cargo 747 crashes in Kyrgyzstan
Old 15th Feb 2017, 19:00
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Soda Pop

I admit i did use kind of top of the head 'its my impression' numbers but then I ama regualr flyer -passenger obviously and retained an interest in aviation from growing up next to LHR. And my impression is that there are /have been alot more frieghter 747 accidents than the pax ones which of course include the worst ever plane crash in Tenerife all those years ago. I also know that some of the cargo accidents have been due to shall we say non flight ops issues like dangerous cargo .

But do you really think if the 744s in passenger service were still what they were 6-7 years ago and it had an accident record real or perceived similar to the F models that people would be comfortable flying on it . How many peopel would have died in 747 crashes if they had all been passenger variants, and I apologise again for my 'alternative' use of statistics , it was certainly not intentional unlike the political mis use of facts we have to experience every day at the moment