PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2017, 15:36
Owain Glyndwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Concours77

Look, I'm not going to get into a fruitless discussion on things which have already been covered time and time again in the twelve AF447 threads and the relevant official documents. If you were to read the accident reports and expert analyses carefully you would find the information you seek.
I will quote just one point to illustrate what I mean. You have just hypothesised that there was a delay of six seconds to start of manual flight and stabilisation of flight path.
But if you had read the BEA Final report you would have seen on Fig 26 the following:
2:10:05 A/P disengaged
2:10:06 First Officer (on the right) "I have controls"
2:10:07 read from chart 1st application of pitch control: 1st application of roll control
Bear in mind that there may be a delay between action and recording of that action because of DFDR characteristics

If you had read the official report you would know that your remarks are incorrect.

No, I do not fly the A330

"It is my belief that it is in this initial time period the aircraft was lost ....do you disagree"

Yes; it is my view that the aircraft was lost at 02:10:50 when, from an attitude of 6 deg in more or less level flight and an airspeed of 216kt the FO initiated a pull up to 17.9 deg.

Am I connected with Airbus? Check my age - at 81 I don't work for anyone!

My view is that "what" happened is adequately covered and not really in dispute. "Why" it happened that way is best left to the PROFESSIONAL airline pilots that contribute herein