PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teaching CRM/ Multi Crew Coordination
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2017, 11:04
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fist of all I would get yourself a good grounding in psychology, by getting a psychology text book to GCSE level and reading it.

Then the following:

(a) Human Factors in Flight by Frank Hawkins.
(b) Human Factors Student Work Book by Craig Funk (This is based on the above book)
(c) Organisational Accidents by James Reason
(d) ICAO Human Factors Digest.

Start reading the FULL transcripts of air accident reports and non aviation accidents, most air accidents should be available online though the UK AAIB, NTSB, BEA, etc..

A good starting point would be Air France Concorde, British Midland Kegworth, Air France A330 over the Atlantic, Air Inter Strasbourg, British Airways B747 at EGLL, Viscount Accident in Staffordshire, Air New Zealand at Mount Erebus, and finally the A320 accident on the Hudson River as it may give you a very different perspective to the media reports and the film in terms of CRM.

Non aviation accidents, Aberfan disaster, Quintishill railway accident, Zeebrugge ferry disaster, Chenobyl nuclear accident, and Piper Alpha oil rig.

A short university based course on Human Factors might be helpful, I believe a University in the north of England was running a five day foundation course, they also have a satellite campus in Asia, so they might run a course there if there was enough interrest, I'll check.

You can send a PM to me.