PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2017, 09:13
PDR1

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by terry holloway
I am sorry to have missed it if it was saying enough is enough.
It's all been said before, but then perhaps it's much needed ammo for her very able lawyers?
I was responding as below (expanded from the original piece):

Not exactly but in her own weasily way she often mentions that she was "trained by military pilots" etc.
Are you absolutely certain she has never received any instruction/mentoring from a current or former military pilot? In the first few years after I gained my PPL I received many hours of "polishing" from a couple of friends who were military pilots - it massively improved my flying because they focussed on very different aspects of the flying task than my original instructors had. If I was to say I was "trained by military pilots" I wouldn't be lying either - are you infering more from the statement than it is actually saying?

I left the part out about Cheryl Cole/Fernandez/Versini or whatever moniker she goes by as in her case there is clearly no intent to deceive. In TCT's case looking at the whole picture I, and many others, believe that the following points apply:

"as to be calculated to deceive"
"to falsely represent yourself as someone entitled to wear any such award"

She is not at a re-enactment event, she is not in a west-end stage show, she is not singing at the O2 arena; she is in an environment where it can be taken that she has earned those wings. Like it or not, the pattern fits her self promotional nature.
Can you find me one single person who saw that badge and on that basis assumed she had passed an RAF Wings qualification? In this environment surely everyone knows that the badges mean nothing at all when worn by a civilian?

In earlier pictures of her with them she had them on her right collar and I have no qualms with that, it was when they appeared in the RAF-awarded location that it began to matter and became offensive to those who have earned the right to wear a brevet.
Well I proabably get that, but being "offensive" does not make it illegal, and does not mean that some form of authorisation is required to wear the badge (which is why I suggested the assetion about her "unauthorised wearing" of the badge was probably libellous.

I'm an Engineer - a real engineer (professionally registered as a Chartered Engineer). It offends me that so many people call themselves Engineers when they hold no CEng or IEng registration and wouldn't qualify for one if they tried. Anyone from photocopier repair men to shop-floor turners and fitters and flight-line mechanics call themselves engineers, people who sell engineering products will often call themselves "sales engineers". This always offends me, but it's not illegal and it doesn't mean I can have a go at a lift repair man for his "unauthorised" use of the title "engineer" on his business cards and website.

I have no particular brief for or against TCT, but for those who feel they want to continue this "witch-hunt" or "whistle-blowing" <delete as prefered> can I please suggest that you stick to those things which are actually wrong/illegal/fraudulent/WHY?

Having a go at her for things which just offend you actually reduces the credibility of the complaint IMHO.

€0.03 supplied,

PDR