PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA f/os Wanting GSS commands
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2003, 05:34
beaver eager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I don't believe it was merged seniority HS. Nobody will ever get that after CFE were 'integrated' into the master seniority list in the same manner as Dan Air (i.e. Tacked on the bottom, albeit with a much better financial deal than the Dan's got at the time - thanks BALPA).

When I say nobody, of course I mean no Regional Carriers. I can't see KLM/AA/Iberia/Quantas being 'tacked on the bottom' when the global consolidations begin somehow!

To the best of my belief the BACX CC held out for all the turboprop pilots to be allowed access to the master seniority list too and for some inexplicable reason this was not a runner for BA or the BACC (I don't know which). Maybe the company knew at that time about the impending exit of the J41s into Eastern? Anyway the deal offered was that only their existing 146 pilots could join the master seniority list. There were no BACX pilots flying the RJ100s which remained flown excusively by ex CFEs (and 8 DEP's who were scrubbed off of LH courses in the month after 911) until AFTER the scope negotiations were completed between BA and the BACC (about the time of the pay restructuring general members meetings).

It was very honourable of the BACX jet pilots to hold out for their colleagues and a shame for them that it didn't come to fruition.

Disclaimer... If I'm wrong and they did turn it down for the lack of a B-Cal style seniority list integration then they were just peeing in the wind anyway and, quite honestly, pretty stupid. Being 'tacked on the bottom' was a fantastic windfall for me!

Last edited by beaver eager; 20th Aug 2003 at 05:46.