PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar pilot package
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 21:59
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Goblin,

I take a slightly different view. If you have a choice, and I accept not many do, QF is by far a better option. Although you would start as an SO, promotion at least to a narrow body FO position is likely to be relatively quick over the next few years and command opportunity although a very long time away is likely to be sooner at QF too due to the average age of those on the QF seniority list in combination with the slated expansion. The terms and conditions at QF are clearly better.

If you at least want the option for long haul and you have a 'choice' then to me it's a no brainer.

Again the comparative advantage of getting in to JQ has most likely disappeared now as quick commands will not be happening any longer and it's quite possibly going to be a 15 year wait for a command.

If you want to fly long haul, you're not likely to be happy at JQ as any window seat in a 787 is going to be years away let alone a command position.

For those that have QF as an option or can possibly head straight to CX then you might want to consider carefully lest you spend the next fifteen years complaining about it. Sympathy from the rest of us will only go so far.

Again, I'm pretty happy where I am at JQ, great company with good people living in Australia on an income well above the median Australian, but in the interests of providing clarity to those looking at the long years ahead that's my two cents.

I'd trust your information on the 787 Green Goblin more than I would the other rumours I've heard though, that's sounds like good news.