PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen military aircraft
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 17:37
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WS-G

My take on Foote? His biographic profile seems to shout "spoiled rich brat wasting his parents' money who refuses to take responsibility for his own recklessness". He's spent the past near-30 years of his life as a second-rate scam artist and con man, and after all these years, still refuses to grow up. Do a search for other LA Times citations concerning Foote. I'd say the United States Marine Corps got Foote's number back in 1986 when they essentially told him to have a long walk off a short pier.

I see a Darwin in Foote's remaining future. He earned it 30 years ago, the committee simply hasn't presented it to him yet.
Here's recent article on Howard A. Foote, Jr. which cites the possibly bogus narrative in the LA Times articles:

The Tale Of When A Marine Mechanic Stole An A-4 Skyhawk For A Joyride Over California

Foote has a web page for a Chinese helicopter tour operation. His 'Board of Directors' includes two retired USAF F-4 pilots:

HAF Industries

A couple of the LA Times articles about Foote:

All Counts Dropped Against Marine for Jet Fighter Joy Ride - latimes

Airing His Ideas : Howard Foote Once Took a Marine Jet for a Joy Ride, but What He's Attempting Now Is No Flight of Fancy - latimes