PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 15:42
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IcePack

"Still note that many on here still do not understand airbus FBW. Note when not in direct law stick fore & aft movement is a G demand. So I suspect the software interpreted the back stick as a request for x g. So as the aircraft could not produce the x g it tried its best so ran the elevators full up & still not sensing the required g ran the stab full up. (ie followed up)(trimmed is not exactly a correct term)"

That has been the point right along. The major issue for me is not C* but its pairing with Roll DIRECT. We don't know the aircraft's timing in the degrade to this obscure Law, but it May have been delayed by eleven seconds from the initial upset (StallWarn, Cavalry Charge, Master Caution).

If so, do we know the uncommanded roll was weather, wind shear, ham hand, or approach to Stall? We don't.

So after hours in AutoFlight, the aircraft splits its personality, and requires an unannounced reversion to manual? In (expected) turbulence, and bordering on jet upset at loss of auto?

Yes, the "Stab full up" is not exactly "trim"....

"I will say however the real aeroplane does have some delay in producing all this."

Precisely. Perhaps the root cause of this tragedy? Timing is everything?