PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain UA455 removed from flight for "emotional meltdown"
Old 14th Feb 2017, 12:49
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookleft: Absolutely.

But you'd think in this modern world of 'no blame' cultures, work-life balance and equal opportunities that people would come nowhere near their breaking point.

Either the world of work has gone way past the potential for individuals to break down without the mitigation of workplace practices, and/or life in general is simply becoming too complicated and emotionally demanding for many to cope?

I've had two demanding careers, three wives and was emotionally abused as a child. A psychiatrist I met by chance shortly after my last divorce told me after hearing my tale that I was unlikely to survive more than 5 years in his opinion - the emotional 'baggage' would be unbearable.

I drove to Beachy Head the next day and stood right on the edge - and thought 'no' I never would.

There have been ups and downs and some anger and regret, but 11 years later I'm still here and know I never would act irrationally or harm myself or others in any way.

I still wonder if one day, when I get older and my 'walls' are down, I will just simply collapse in a heap under the weight pent up emotions?