PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 09:18
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homophobic means being fearful of gays. I am not that, but I do not enjoy flying alongside gay men. What, pray, is wrong with that? We are very different types of people after all, and have different ways.
It's the blatant ignorance.
Gay men, of which I am openly one, (came out at 24), are for the most part people with a different sexual preference. What you just said there is this.
1) You can be friends with a colleague, talk about sports and other everyday matters
2) Discover later he's gay, decide you no longer enjoy flying with them.

That's pretty low actually, to know that colleagues no longer working with you based on something that's exactly none of your business. Unless you mean openly gay, which if you think about it for a moment, doesn't make it in any way better. You are not "very different types of people" simply because one guy likes men and the other women. That's the fundamental truth so many open minded people have been discovering in recent years. Some guys I had down as likely hostile and bigoted have shrugged and gone, "live and let live", bought their round and gone home confident in the knowledge I am not gonna turn them gay.

I am betting a % of your friends are gay and wouldn't tell you because they like you and don't want to loser a mate, but they know that part of you is intolerant. People lie to you because they like you, I used to do it every day. I can't believe this is even up for debate in 2017.