PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar pilot package
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 06:46
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extra Shot,

Absolutely right about the long haul job, you're not going to get a window seat any time soon, if that's really important then you're better off shooting for QF, CX or something else in Asia. I love domestic flying though, not to mention living in Australia, suits me and Mrs Nelson.

I don't know if there's any truth to your rumour but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if we lost some 787s at least in the short term simply because there has been quite a bit of chopping and changing of various routes and QF has quite a network plan to roll out with them. Having said that I know we're still making good money from them according to last FY results.

The longer term game might be a bit different though. It should be said being a line pilot I'd be the last person to having any commercial insight to these things.

In any case, I would strongly recommend anyone to have a decent crack at QF before JQ though right now, you'd always have more options and most likely far more command opportunities both because of the expansion and becaause there is too many young captains at JQ. Where there was once a comparative advantage that's no longer the case.