PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2017, 18:59
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dreamliner_01
Ryanair have been very consistent in this at recent events where they have said that they are struggling to make European (non sun and polish) routes work outside if Dublin and cork - they maintain their should be support from Govt to ensure routes are sustainable - in the interest of balanced regional development it would certainly make more sense to support PSO type marginal routes to the likes of Knock and Shannon from France and Germany to deliver tangible benefits for the regions by way of visitors, spend and job creation - I wouldn't hold my breath however .....
Have they? Really?

You realise that Ryanair maintain a fairly poor European market out of Cork? With the only non sun destination being Wroclaw, which is simply paddy polish heading home for a few weeks. They obviously struggle from Cork too.

Ryanair is also not the way to go for expansion, Shannon has the edge of a larger market and should go for other more legacy carriers. Vueling, Wizz Air, Iberia, Flybe etc, previously management have seemed to work with the idea of any growth is good growth, the current management seem much more focused. Ryanair will not be given any more sweetheart deals to temporarily jumpstart growth, that's about as much information I can give away without being commercially sensitive.