PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK ATH to EWR
Thread: EK ATH to EWR
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2017, 18:01
Talparc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friend,

I wanted to let you know that last week we began to see exciting traction in our fight to enforce the Open Skies agreements and protect U.S. jobs.

Last Thursday, President Trump called a meeting at the White House with U.S. airline CEOs. He was not only aware of subsidies by foreign competitors, but he also firmly said he wanted to help U.S. carriers compete. We see this as great progress, and we want to say thank you because President Trump said that he got the message on Open Skies from you.

“A lot of that competition is subsidized by governments, big league,” said President Trump. “I’ve heard that complaint from different people in this room. Probably about one hour after I got elected, I was inundated with calls from your industry and many other industries, because it’s a very unfair situation.”

We need your help to keep making the case to the new Administration that the future of our aviation industry and hundreds of thousands of American jobs are at stake. We have a great new video that you can email or tweet to the White House and share with your family and friends.

Join us in reaching out to President Trump to call for swift action to enforce our agreements and stop the Gulf carriers and their government sponsors from getting away with breaking the rules. Share the video two ways:

Click here to tweet at the White House: US jobs are at risk due to #OpenSkies violations. @WhiteHouse, let's put an end to Gulf carrier cheating. Video: Stop the Cheating - Partnership for Open and Fair Skies » Partnership for Open and Fair Skies
Email the White House here
Now is the time to amplify what others are saying about unfair competition by the Gulf carriers, too. Here’s what Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, had to say about our fight. President of the Air Line Pilots Association Tim Canoll wrote this great op-ed in the Daily Caller. Also, I joined CNN International’s Richard Quest to showcase how enforcing Open Skies will protect over 300,000 U.S. aviation jobs.

Your support is moving this issue, and we will keep you updated as we continue to fight for Open and Fair Skies!

Sincerely,

Jill Zuckman
Chief Campaign Spokesperson