PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook and training syllabus
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2017, 10:49
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not going to defend my flying school, we have been around 10 years and still have cash in the bank!

Back to the OP.

It is maybe not very professional to - in effect - mock another instructor/flying school by pointing out bits in your training record that seem a little out-of-sequence.

However, it is also not very professional to hide from a new student the fact that things are perhaps going to be done a little differently at the new school!

I suppose the balance is to be found in the way that one handles/expresses this.

Sometimes people click, sometimes they klunk. I suppose your flight showed that you and this second school were not the ideal match.

Good to find out now rather than after a few fruitless lessons. Learning to fly - while tough at times - should also be enjoyable.

Finally, I would simply - and politely - ask for your membership back. Don't ask, don't get.

As for a lash-up - know what they meant. Usually a scruffy, corrected logbook with scribbled entries. Usually caused by instructor encouraging student to start making all their own entries (a good thing) but then being to time-pressed to supervised properly (hence the amendments) and hurriedly putting in corrections (hence scribbled!).

I think it means more to instructors than it would mean to a student. After all, if the student knew better, then they wouldn't have a logbook like that. So not the student's fault. But if you want them to change, you need to tell them the current logbook state is not good. And hence back to the "professional" point above.