PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook and training syllabus
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2017, 09:44
Heston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Terry, I have run a flying school in the UK. He's right - good customer experience, quality of training and safety are paramount. But on the other hand I do know some schools (not many) who forget that the student is the customer and as a consequence do not treat them well. Maybe they wont last long?

To the OP - your friend should put it down to experience and move on. Hopefully they have found a good school at which they now feel comfortable and at which their custom is valued.
I would say in defence of the "lash up" comment that I do sometimes see log books presented by a student prior to their GST that are a total shambles and in which its impossible to tell whether the training syllabus has been properly covered - very often these are when a student has moved between schools several times.

Incidentally when moving between schools it should be possible to get a copy of your training progress notes (student records) to take with you to the new school - gives them a bit more detail than just your logbook.