PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MPL 2017 with FTE Jerez
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2017, 09:34
fenny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Dove
I'm torn between 89k for a Q400 or 94k for potentially a 737/320 job and with a potential salary difference of 15k the decision certainly is not an easy one.
Unless you get yourself on a airline tagged course at CTC or anywhere else then I'd say go with flybe. Sure it's a turboprop but you have a good chance of getting command in about 3 years (with a £68k+ salary I think) and I've been told most of their pilots work the max hours every year so I guess it's good for building hours.
Most people I believe wait about 6 months between finishing CTC and securing a job so I guess at flybe you'd have made £14k in that time. Yes you won't be paid as much as a jet job would but you won't have to pay for your type rating either so for about 3 years you're making about the same amount of money.
That's the way I see it, you have you're whole career ahead of you, what's a few years with a relatively secure turboprop job gonna do? I've known a few people who've done CTC and OAA and not been placed who've eventually gone to Aurigny - any job is a good job (except maybe p2f)