PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Reform - Your wish list.
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2003, 23:19
Capcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

WhatWasThat
Once again an attempt to reform our airspace system is mired in controversy, with uncertain outcome.
Mired in controversy – No doubt. Groundhog day eh!!!
Uncertain outcome – I wish it were clear that common sense would prevail. I suspect now that the imperative is so great to see change for changes sake and with the decks stacked with “yes” men of dubious motive I doubt an eleventh hour reprieve will occur without a coalface revolt from IFR pilots and ATC’s.
Is a revolt likely to occur? – I doubt it, I personally am so tired of explaining why I am concerned particularly with C being replaced by NON RADAR E. It becomes a case of –
“Oh well, if people cannot understand why this is fraught then let it be and god bless all who sail in her”. I see the inevitable outcome will be a farce similar to the G trial. Groundhog day!!!

Fear not though, there are huge dossiers already in the system articulating concerns with this NAS rubbish for the coroner down the track.
Even Bernie is attempting to fit responsibility with the government (read ARG, ex CASA luminaries’ etc) for pushing this garbage. I think the quote goes “This is a government initiative, we are merely implementing that as safely as possible”!?!?.)
If you are concerned and have not already done so Email your Team leader, SATC and or the NAS implementation people within AsA with your concerns and if 2b goes ahead “Over service” the industry as best you can to keep it safe!!. “The actions of a reasonable person” and all that.
My question is, do we need radical change at all? If we do, is it the Airspace that needs changing, or is it the charging regime or some other characteristic?
Radical Change??- No is the short answer:-

Airspace
- Leave Non Radar C as is
- Change G to E were reliable radar coverage exists
- Change “Aus”G to ICAO F where IFR traffic routes dictate ie. Where IFR receive DTI in G.
- Elsewhere (Boondocks) ICAO G (Nil zip nothing) Specially for BIK and his pressurised Lanceair.

Charging regime
- VFR NO charge in C, E, F and G of course.
- Return current profit dividend taken by the Fed Gov’t to fund VFR TXPDR’s/ADS-B boxes and no cost VFR flight in C, E and F to ensure IFR’s and Airlines are not paying more as VFR will no longer contribute. Any funds left over to fund Infrastructure improvement into the future ie. RADAR/ADS-B to extend E areas where C or F would currently exist.
What aspects of the present system are you unhappy with?
The list would be to long to post here, most of which has been discussed to death on this forum and others many times.
What would you change if YOU had one over the minister?
- The Minister
- Return the ARG to the golf courses and Cognac clubs from which they came!
- Send John and Martha back to the US via the scenic route!.

BIK

I guess you have all the answers!
Perhaps you might explain why ATC’s being the apparently self interested bunch we are would not support NAS if it meant more jobs which it clearly will (More cost to you Ol bean, then again if you are VFR I guess not!)??, and while your at it give me your best go at justifying changing C to Non Radar E???

Peanut….!!