PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2017, 00:17
skyhigh_7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey emily92 and everyone else! I applied in May last year. I had a very similar experience to you.

I attended an Assesment Day in September in Melbourne and was called a week later by recruitment to say that they were really impressed with me (I thought they were calling to say I was through to the next stage), but I was told I was too short. I was devastated.

I know my height, and I know that I am above 163cm, and would never have applied for the role if I was below! So I presumed that my height must have been incorrectly recorded at the Recruitment Day. I asked them for the height they had recorded for me, as I explained I was 100% sure I fit the height requirements. The lady that called me didn't have my height in front of her, which I thought was very strange?!

Anyway... they were phoning to offer me Qantas Link, and wanted me to fly back to Melbourne the following week, after just being there to attend QCCA interview. (I lived in Adelaide), I declined the offer.

I then appealed my height, I went to my doctor and got her to measure me and sent them a letter from her stating my height (which is in fact 164.5cm). I emailed recruitment this. After two weeks I received a phone call from a lovely lady stating that they were going to reconsider my application and contact my references that afternoon, which they did. She stated that the height that would be recorded at my medical would be the height they would go by (which I agreed to, as I know I am tall enough!)

I am currently on Active Hold with them, so have not had the chance to have a medical as of yet. I understand that after a year applications become void, and the prospect of being successful for a Ground School before May 2017 is looking very slim.

I am new to the forum, and just wanted to give you an insight into my long journey so far! Still keeping my fingers crossed!