PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back in the Saddle
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2017, 18:27
pfvspnf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Firstly, to accept wages as low as $10,000-25k a year for flying up north is absolutely crazy, trust me i was there once, and its been the biggest regret of my career. I did everything from washing, fuelling and office work for little reward. Never saw a career path.

Luckily for me, I have dual citizenship, and had an opportunity to fly a turbo prop back home. It wasnt long before an Asian operator hired me on the A320, the others on my course had 200 hours and did a fantastic job and all of us put in the effort in upgrading fleets and positions.

Don't listen to these people online, most of them are unemployed bitter people, anyone who's been in a proper airline will tell you, get in as early as possible , get your seniority number and dont waste time. This is your career, its your livelihood.

Ive not paid to fly, never will, its just as bad as accepting the wages in the great white north but the fact that people are so bitter that 200 hour pilots are getting to fly heavy jets is sad.

Do what you think is good for you, Id be happy to help with CVs or mentoring. PM me!