PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cross-Party Public Apology for IHAT
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2017, 10:54
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
Having had my curiosity awakened I decided to find out what sort of cove Shiner is, why was he so pejorative and subjective towards the Armed Forces etc? I googled his name and among the many hits was an editorial from the Independent, and similar in the Guardian, I believe, it was from 2009 and boy did it lionise Shiner and his hunting down of British Soldiers guilty of murder and torture. The article was so sure that a trial in each case was mere inconvenient formality the way it read. It would be interesting to know what they've printed in the pages of their edition today?

Phil Shiner: 'We torture people, yet no one admits it' | The Independent

FB
Blimey, The Indie makes Shiner sound like the next Pope designate. However, the reality as we know is very different and he clearly feels his self-righteous, holier than thou beliefs entitle him to subvert justice and the normal ethics of being a decent human being to achieve his aim. In fact, I'd go so far as to say his actions represent a good example of the the other side of the 'I was just following orders' coin.