PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol ATPL- Too concise?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2017, 18:05
Adam S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristol ATPL- Too concise?

Hello everyone,

I'm about to finish my ppl soon, and after reading about different places to do the atp's (distance only!) I decided to go with Bristol, after having a really hard time finding even one person who has a bad thing to say about them.

In the meanwhile, I am done with all of the ppl exams, and with nothing better to do I managed to get my hands on one of Bristol's folders, which contains met, comms and m&b.

As met is done on the first sitting at Bristol, I figured that would be a good one to start with. I also knew it was one of the longer ones and was expecting more then 600 pages.

To my surprise, met only had 200 and some pages.
comms (both V and IFR) has no more than 150, and mass and balance has only 58!
The folder is as concise as it gets, to a point it makes no more sense than a shut-your-mouth-and-memorize list.

I asked one of the instructors at the place I do my ppl, who's also done distance with Bristol, and he said he needed to buy all of the Oxford books as well so that things will start to make some sense.

I gave Bristol a call to ask if their pc programme has any more information than does the folder, but I was told it is pretty much the same thing.

I am very confused now.
Any thoughts?