PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outrageous and unsafe ADS-B non-use in the J curve by Airservices
Old 9th Feb 2017, 21:01
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a slightly interesting video.

Crandall: Need presidential support to update air traffic control

Maybe the US system isn't so good?

It wouldn't surprise me me if in the future we will have more features come from ADSB. It's new technology, give it a chance to develop Dick.
"Outrageous non-use" - I bet if we scrapped the whole thing and didn't even have it any more you'd probably complain about that.

Why should we have to wait for others to bring in the technology, what's so wrong about us trying to lead the world Dick? Maybe we could try being the best and have people copy us. It won't happen overnight but give it a chance.

We've already had benefits from the ADSB system. Let's keep ticking along and try to add in a little extra benefit here and there.
You'll get a lot more supporters if you approach the topic better. It would be a nice change if the next thread you start about ADSB was a detailed proposal of a workable system here in Australia, facts figures numbers and procedures etc, that can be presented to the powers that be (more so than just "let's make en route do approach like they do in the US").

Last edited by Car RAMROD; 9th Feb 2017 at 21:37.