PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John Borghetti AO
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2017, 08:32
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by BPB737
CEO & MD since 2010( SEVEN YEARS IN CHARGE) and yet the value of the company still in free fall .
Thanks to JB and his expert team , 2 ton weight penalty on 777 after first class upgrade,
how many types now B777, A330, B737,A320,E190,ATR,F100,F50.
plus the Tiger F**k up twice ,this guy is coated with Teflon !!!! and you get an AO for your contribution to Aviation
Thank you... exactly my point. Very few of the 'experts' he brought in are worth much either, I can only think of one who was ex QF who was worth anything and I suspect he is totally frustrated having to negotiate the horrendous bureaucracy and deal with myriad bad decisions on systems, etc. This is an organisation that does as much as possible to avoid using industry standard processes for transferring passengers even to its alliance airlines because they think it costs them - when in fact any process like FIM nets 20% or similar to the delivering carrier. I have heard stories of their main interline partner in Australia just giving their passengers to QF in a disruption because it's less hassle than going through 18 different people at VA, then having to deal with someone sitting in a cubicle in BNE who refuses to do this or that... I mean this is a company losing money who obfuscates and makes it as hard as possible to receive additional revenue from competitors and partner airlines because their systems and processes are so bad mostly due to misconceptions. The entire organisation it would appear is operated from a 'Sales' perspective with little or no emphasis on actual operations nor any value placed on that sort of knowledge. Operating like this goes "Hey, wouldn't it be great to use TT to operate to DPS with VA spare aircraft??? - Cool, don't worry about details just make it happen!!!" then being surprised when it turns into a debacle - I read his book, amongst other things he said he worked on check in... No. He didn't. So, how can the rest of it be trusted. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. Maybe tagged for someone during industrial disputes or similar but never worked on check in, so that part is a facade.