PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air
Thread: Gulf Air
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2003, 18:08
reracked.au

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idealism

sebastianl

Gday. I see from your profile that you listed yourself as a pilot. Yet you mention in the proceeding post that youre an AME (also?). Please clear this up when you next write.

Firstly I do take some offence to you alluding to the fact that Western AMEs such as I are quote "prostituting" unquote, ourselves in order to return to the industry.

Mate, your idealism is admirable, and I agree with you that having spent many years (15 in fact with a carrier) in the industry and having spent the majority of those years studying, my services are indeed marketable.

But mate, what can you do. If you get down off the horse of idealism, youll see that noble ideals dont pay bills....or keep licences current for that matter.

When someone enjoys their profession and an opening appears that allows them to return to their profession, as opposed to a milk-run for example, then ill take the former.

Dont get me wrong, ill not work for peanuts, but if the tax-free amount on offer comes in close to an in-the-hand amount from the Australian carrier I was with, then thatll be fine with me.

regards

reracked.au