PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2017, 18:56
MPN11

Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts
I was 'circumsnipped' [great term!] at RAFH Norton Hall. I recall nothing of the nurses bandaging my wounded old chap. Blanking my thoughts seemed wisest!

But I did have the diversion of being the next room to Spencer Flack, who had stuffed his Sea Fury into my Approach Lights at Waddington in 1981. I didn't discuss the incident with him, as it seemed too personal! But, back to Aviation ...

I was at home in my OMQ that day when the Crash alarm sounded. I rushed in from the garden, threw on some uniform and headed for the Tower. Having seen the Crash Crew heading for the 21 approach and Crash Gate, I followed [advising ATC on my Storno, of course]. There I found G-FURY in a crumpled state in the field just the other side of the A15, and Mr Flack being attended to by the Crash Crew. A minute or so LATER the Crash Ambulance arrived from SMC (How long?????) and I was party to assisting the stretcher into the extremely tardy Ambulance.

A few words were subsequently spoken about the speed of response by Medic 1 on a MEDA.

Last edited by MPN11; 9th Feb 2017 at 07:57.