PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2017, 15:39
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bucharest is also a nice place to visit
Each to their own I guess. I personally felt it was not particularly nice and one of the few places where I always felt a little uncomfortable when visiting whilst working for a freight operator with a comprehensive European network. The taxi drivers were quite insistent that I wanted to visit the prostitute's who were apparently the best in Europe. I had to sternly persuaded them that I would rather just return to the hotel.
Leipzig? I must go some time as it keeps popping up in conversation!
The city centre has had a lot of money spent on it and is very pleasant but other than that it is not a particularly inspiring area, there are much more interesting places to visiting in Germany. As a former regular commuter to Leipzig from Stansted the flights were perhaps 80% full of East Germans, the majority who appeared to have perhaps been visiting London and the South East with some German business people. The English passengers included a few city break tourists, and a few business passengers connected with the numerous industry's in the Leipzig area such as DHL and the motor manufacturers.